Confidence is not innate—it’s a skill to be developed. Join women from all walks of life to learn together, support each other, and thrive in your own ways. Bold in Business offers a safe space where you can identify and overcome the issues that are holding you back. You’ll develop a more confident posture, firm and clear communication, tactics for selling yourself and your ideas, methods of dealing with confrontation, and new strategies for taking action.
- Owning Your Strengths – What are you good at? How do you know? How can you highlight those strengths? We’ll help you to identify, multiply, and amplify what is already working for you.
- Developing Sales and Influence Skills – Effective professionals influence more than just the people who report to them; they use their influence to spread their ideas across a company. We’ll walk you through the best practices on how to influence others and practice the ones that will work best to support you in achieving your goals.
- Managing Risk – What is your comfort level with risk? Risk aggressive or risk averse? Knowing when to push or retreat is a core competency of every professional. We’ll look at steps to consider so you can make bold and wise decisions. And then we will teach you how to communicate them.
- Mastering Assertiveness Language – Disagreement, debate and even confrontation are a part of every business leader’s day. Understanding what language to use under what circumstances can be the difference between a motivated and a disgruntled team, and between an effective and ineffectual leader. We’ll identify and role-play challenging conversations and give you plenty of safe space to practice.
- Resilience – Hand in hand with the need to be able to master confrontation, accomplished business people also have grit and resilience. We don’t always have to win, but we do have to get up and try again. We’ll help you figure out what to do if something goes wrongso you can bounce back.
- Visualization – Setting goals and working your career path is an important part of building your confidence. We’ll help you to set that path by teaching you how to visualize your future. These strategies will help keep you moving forward, even if your path changes.
- Network and Community – Today’s world works on networks and successful women are active networkers. Technology makes it easy to connect but simply reaching out on LinkedIn will not suffice. We’ll teach you the best practices of networking and how to draw on our community for leadership guidance and opportunities.
How is the course delivered?
- Weekly lectures via Zoom (online platform) – Each week we introduce the topic live and through engaging conversation. The content provides the foundation for practice and discussion. We use plenty of real-life examples because, well, we are real-life women in business. Small group work allows collaboration on problem-based learning activities throughout the course to solve current work problems. Participants will identify and select issues to work through. More real practice, more real confidence.
- Class assignments and peer review comments posted weekly – How do you get to the top? Practice, practice, practice. Weekly assignments and discussion topics help you to practice the skills you need in a safe environment. Your peers will help you to shape your learning by commenting on your work as you comment on theirs.
- Coaching – Throughout the course you will receive coaching and guidance on your personal goals and your action plan for the future.
We believe you already have the intelligence, integrity, focus, and experience to successfully reach for bigger goals and achieve them. You just need a little help unlocking the courage and strength we know is there waiting to be tapped.